Betty hasn't been feeling well.
She is suffering from
Potassium Bromide Toxicity again.
The signs started showing around Tuesday and were undeniable by Friday morning.
Her vet has been trying to slowly reduce the amount of PB she takes to a more appropriate level for her size. When we adopted her, she was on 500mg. A dog her size is only supposed to be on appx. 250mg. Before she got sick with PB Toxicity this 2nd time, she was down to 400mg, but it was still too much.
Friday afternoon Dr. Stephens reduced her PB in half. He also considered flushing her system with saline solution, but since she was still able to walk and function normally he decided against it.
Friday night was the first night Betty didn't get her PB pill. I must admit I was so anxious that without it, she would have a seizure. But she did just fine through the night.
Today she is already showing some signs of improvement. But she's still not feeling very well.
Nurse Stella has been by her side making sure she's comfortable while I'm working in the office.
I realize it might be tempting to send a care package, but the
fat little ones are still following their diet. No foodables allowed. Unless it's a box of Sees candy for the management...