About Us

My photo
Rulers of the Smushie Ranch.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Flying beasts and bread tins.

After being away on a 'road trip', mom subjected us to the most horrible treatment.

Wonder who I'm giving a piece of my mind to?

It's this persnickety owl that decided to land in MY yard. Guests are by invite only!

Gunther issued a warning to the flying beast.

It wasn't until after I unnecessarily exerted huge amounts of energy telling off this beast, that mom informed me it was a plastic owl.  She said it's supposed to keep other birds from crapping on her car by scaring them away. Well that's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I mean, it didn't scare me so how's it supposed to scare other birds...

Just when I thought my weekend couldn't get any worse, mom thought she'd torture me with the picture taker and a hunk of junk she found at a garage sale. I really hope my sweetie Brutus doesn't see me like this.

Flat Brutus was afraid he was next. The poor thing hid in the garden.

It's okay little one, I'll sacrifice my cuteness to spare you.

It's an old bread tin in case you're wondering. I don't see the appeal, particularly when I'm forced to sit in it. 

Then she went crazy and decided it'd be cute to involve Gunther and Betty.

Contain your excitement there Gunther. Wouldn't want you to fall off the tin and break your butt.

Betty took the opportunity to flex her muscles and try out her sexy pose.

I suppose we deserve this punishment after all the trouble we've caused. I just hope Gunther doesn't get himself into more trouble with St. Patrick's Day around the corner. I hear he's supposed to go out on a double, errr I mean quadruple date with Twinkie and Frankie. I think I'm just going to lay low with my Brutus. Anyone else have something fun planned?

Ms. Stella

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the tin is pretty flattering, actually!! I don't know why Brutus didn't want to join you in there!

Hope you have a good St Pattys day, Rugby and I will be on our way to the dog show! :O

Salinger The Pug said...

Ummmm....that tin looks like it totally says "Wheat Fart".

So I guess mom bought it for Betty????

Love,
S-Dog

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD OMD OMD do NOT let my mom see that bread thingy. She would go Cracker Crazy. She just baked two loaves of sour dough bread today. In fact, she hasn't BOUGHT a loaf of bread or any buns since my boat went into dry dock for the winter. HUMMMMM I wonder what she'll do when the Lady L hits the water again here in a few weeks???
Hey Gunther, you gonna take a bath tomorrow? I'm thinking about it, butt just haven't decided yet. Let me know. I will if you will.
PeeS You gonna eat any more chicken before tomorrow night? How about broccoli or beans?? I'm just askin'.

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Haha Stella, you are a funny girl! I love the picture of you in the "hunk of junk"!
xo

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi Stella, Gunther & Betty,
What is Mom going to do with that bread tin??? Besides take pictures of you all with it. I can think of many other things to do with it.
Thanks for the good wishes to take to the dentist. It is just a cleaning so hopefully it wont be too bad.
Bambi sends tail wags.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Stella! I thoughts I had it bad with the scarf my mom made me wear. But your mom put you in a BOX? You have my Most Deepest Saddest sympathies. And it was very much nice of you to save FB the same torture. I think that's true luvs!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Unknown said...

That's why I like Gunther. He's a manly man and he's not afraid to show it. (BOL)
What's going on with St Pat's? A double date??? I better get ready. I may even paint my nails green for this one, if I get the chance. Is Gunther picking me up? It's tomorrow!
As for the fun you made of my M jumping up on the bed, I agree! Ridiculous reaction. I'm also wondering if she was the earthquake.
Twinkie

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Was there any bread left in the tin? At least your Mom could have gave you some bread while having to sit there like a prop.

Dexter said...

So does that mean you are like a loaf of bread? Nommy.

Slobbers,
Mango

Two French Bulldogs said...

You guys are so adorable...are you pee peeing on the owl..BOL
Benny & Lily

Hank said...

Stella, honey.....give that owl HAIL! Plastic er NOT!

Great pitchers o' y'all!

The Devil Dog said...

I like the tin can photos. As for being a Devil Dog, I really am. hehe heh

Roxy

BRUTUS said...

Well, Stella... At least now we all know that you are not "bigger than a breadbox"! No worries, my gal - I think you look good no matter what the momma does to you. And thanks for saving Flat Brutus from suffering the same fate - you look so sweet in the photo with him :) If it makes you feel any better, check out my St. Patty's post & see what my momma did with her flashy box and me!

Lucky Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

BRUTUS said...

Oh my.. Salinger is right - it does look like the tin says "wheat fart". Betty should have definitely been the one in the box!!

Brutus

Ms. ~K said...

Oooh, I love Mom's new "old" bread tin...and you all look mahvelous posing!
~K

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

We are staying in and watching animal planet with mom. Hope Gunther has a fun date night.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

GAIL said...

You three are the cutest ever! I can see why mom likes to snap your pictures. PLEASE let her keep taking them cause they make me laugh.

Kelly said...

BOL!!

Stella, you look totally cute no matter what you are sitting in!

That reminded Momma of an unflattering, yet humorous pug portrayal she recently saw!

http://www.powderblueorbit.com/2009/06/pug-loaf.html

Isn't that rude?! We do NOT look like that, Stella!!

xoxo

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Your stories could not get any cuter.
Your pictures could not get any cuter.
I love that breadbox.
I could use it for lots of things.
love
tweedles