About Us

My photo
Rulers of the Smushie Ranch.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

We love our blogger friends!


Our wonderful blogger friend Ms. K and her Labradors at  DOG DAZE shared the 'Sweet Friends Award with us. If you get a chance, mosey over  to meet Ms. K and her Labradors. She's gettin' ready to volunteer at the upcoming Iditarod. She's sure to have some exciting stories and pictures to share. Not to mention, Ms. K always has the most inspiration posts.


The rules of the Sweet Friend Award goes like this:

1. Copy the image.
2. List 10 things that make you happy and try to do one of them today.
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.



10 Things that make us happy.

1. Spending time together as a family.
2. Helping mom find homes for pups in need.
3. Playing at Bark Park.
4. Snuggling on the couch.
5. Riding in the car.
6. Visits from Grandma
7. Blogging with our friends.
8. Sending gifts & cards to our blogger friends and family.
9. Hanging out in the yard while mom and dad garden.
10. Laying in the sun.



We're passin' the 'Sweet Friends' Award to 10 bloggers (only 10?!) that make us laugh, snort and brighten our day:

1. Michelle and Brutus - Brutus the Frenchie
3. Yoda and Brutus - The Pugs Strike Back
4. Benny and Lily - Doggy Days
5. Hank and Molly O' Mally - I Tell Ya What
6. Twinkie and her crew - Twinkie Tiny Dog
7. Stubby - Life of Stubby
8. Guinness, Saige and Groucho - The 'splorin' Wolfies
9. Priscilla - eLvisPug
10. Sequoia and Petunia - The Girls



We also got a package in the mail from Yoda and Brutus yesterday. Betty was especially excited because it was her first package with her name on it! Well, you'll have to trust us on this one...


What'd we get?!


Gunther, I'm pretty sure Yoda and Brutus sent something besides newspaper...


Eh, he's a simple man with simple needs.


Hmmm, what's this? Obviously more than just newspaper. Looks promising.


Oh crimeny, really? I'm sure Yoda and Brutus didn't intend for their pressie to wind up playing horsie. I'm a puglet, not a jackass.


Sorry Yoda and Brutus, but I'm gonna have to have a few words for Gumby. This might get ugly. Uno momento...


bleep, bleep, bleep...


Yo buddy, you okay? Poor Gumby, he didn't stand a chance.


Thanks for our new toy Yoda and Brutus! We've already had a lot of fun tossing Gumby around the yard and even had a great game of tug-o-war with him! Oh, and Gunther thanks you for his newspaper too. bol!

Lot's of smushface love to all our friends,
Stella, Gunther and Betty

15 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats on your award! You 3 totally deserve it, because you ALWAYS make me smile!!!

I love your new Gumby toy! Good job Stella- you show him who's boss!!!

xoxo
Pearl

Ms. ~K said...

Great list of things that make you happy...
Thanks for playing along!

RIP, Gumby!

Unknown said...

I'm just going to grab those pug-cheeks and squeeze! You're too cute (and I'm being redundant, but I love the photos). I was on my way here to ask if you wanted to help my family with the catervention, but your post distracted me. Plus, yay! Thank you for the award.
Betty got her first present...I have a soft spot for the girl and I'm really happy you shared the moment :)
Thank you again for allowing me to brighten your day, as you do mine, Gunther, Stella, and Betty-boo
Twink!

Tucker said...

the newspaper is the best part, but I'd keeping looking in the box.

woof - Tucker

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Yay!! We are so glad you got the package. Gunther - dude, paper - really? Oh well, if it makes you happy, we are happy :) Looks like it is a good thing that Gumby is flexible! BOL!!!

Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it on to us!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Gumby looks like fun! Thanks for passing your pawsome award to us, we will re post soon!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Thank you so much for passing the award to us. And congratulations for accepting it. We Love your list
Luv your friends,
Benny & Lily

Hank said...

Hey, thanks fer the award!

Ha, ha....that's funny, you guys givin' Gumby the bizness!

PS Did Gumby tell ya (ala Eddie Murphy) "I'm Gumby, dammit! You don't talk to me that way!"???

animal lover, quilt lover said...

I love how you did the award!!! I love all your pictures!!!
I love the smashyfaces!!
So cute!!!!!
Really really love your blog!!!
Love ya all, Bambi, Happy and Fern

Pugelicious said...

Congratulations on your award. Your pictures are soo cute.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Congrats on your award - we love hearing what makes our furiends happy. And that's a wonderful Gumby pressie.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

BRUTUS said...

Isn't getting pressies in the mail great?? It's like Christmas all over. Gee Gunther, was that the comics page- did it taste funny? BOL - I kill me!!
Stella, you tell that Gumby who's boss - no one humiliates my girl!! I'll be right over to chew off one of his arms of legs for you - as soon as I figure out how to drive the car....

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Thanks for you visit. We love company. You did a good job with the award!! Love the pictures of the pups.
I just love the animals so much!!!
Bambi, Happy & Fern

Stacy Walker said...

Congrats on your award. Just love your blog!

Archie and Melissa said...

LOL!
waht a great toy yoda and brutus sent you!
how fun!
congratulations on your award too! what a great post!
xoxoxo
m & e