About Us

My photo
Rulers of the Smushie Ranch.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Betty's PSA


In a nutshell, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the caring and hardworking volunteers at the 

They saved me from a life of being kept in a small cage in someone's backyard. I was left alone to suffer through seizures during extreme weather conditions.  

Now I'm living in a home where people love me and take me to a vet that through his care and devotion to giving me a good life, has kept me seizure free since I arrived.

Again, none of this would be possible without the

They're having an Easter Basket raffle (in case you didn't know) to raise funds for the many more Frenchies that have come into their care.

Just recently, 6 Frenchies were rescued from a puppy mill in Missouri. One of them named Tandy still bears the scar of her ordeal.
 

Her scar is from having a c-section to remove her puppies from the side.


In case you're thinking "I don't want some Easter Basket filled with candy!" Check out just 2 of them that are up for raffle.

These are not measly Eater Baskets!

Also, if you get a chance, check out Stella's sweetie Brutus.
His mom made a likeness of him called Flat Brutus. He travels the globe to bring awareness and raise money for the French Bulldog Rescue Network. He's pretty cute and doesn't take up much room. Fore each household that hosts him, a donation will be made to the French Bulldog Rescue Network.

So if you're able, It'd really mean a lot to me and Stella and Gunther if you could buy a ticket or two for one of the Frenchie fabulous Easter Baskets, or consider hosting Flat Brutus.


Love and kisses,
Betty

15 comments:

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

God that is so sad--and so happy too

Roxie said...

You're the best Betty. You are a great ambassador for FBRN and I know your two-leggers are so proud of you.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Dawg bless you Betty. I am soooo happy that you are now where you are!!! Grrreat PSA.

Anonymous said...

Stella - that was a Most Wonderful PSA. And your Most Beautiful picture got my attentions right away. Gosh, you are one of the other Luckiest Dogs That Ever Ever Lived, huh? I will have my mom look at those baskets and shell out some green papers.

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Priscilla said...

My prayer is that some day we will no longer need rescues and shelters. If you take on a canine responsibility, you fulfill it. Why is that so hard?

Until then, keep up the good work. You are an awesome lady.

And I just saw a puggy that needs to be rescued from her owner. Sad sad, very sad.

GAIL said...

Thank God for 2nd chances!

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

We love your new header...You three are so cute! Thanks for letting us know of this group and the raffle they are hosting. They are doing a fine job and we hope the 6 pm dogs you mentioned make a full recovery.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Unknown said...

You got it my furiends. I support and appreciate the French Bulldog Rescue Network!!! I'm so grateful for what they and your family have done for you, Betty. And I'm so grateful for your good health
Twinkie

Unknown said...

Dear Stella, I read your note about Gunther and came right over to set things straight. About the Zoolatry katz/aliens: there are exceptions in life. I don't love to fraternize with katz as a rule but as you know I have to live with three of them. Maggie and Zoey from Zoolatry are exceptions. For one thing they're very artistically inclined. Let's not be katists, my furiend.
For Gunther: Dearest, I, your hot tamale, look forward to your love-comments. If I didn't like you, why would I have gone out on a date with YOU? Huh? Besides, I'm hopeful that we can get together again, in fur this time. Please my dearest, just because I'm a bit loud, don't misunderstand me. I think we compliment each-other.
Love,
Twinkie

1000 Goldens said...

Betty that was a touching PSA. We cannot believe what people do to dogs :( We are so thankful you found a good home and that organizations like that exist to help precious dogs.

Puglette said...

great psa, betty dear! i am definitely hosting the flattie brutus. and we will be matching his donation. i also want to say that your new header picture is AWESOME!! i literally laughed out loud when it came up on my screen. the combination of the headbands and the doleful looks, it's just perfect. you should submit that to cute overload.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Dexter said...

Those are some awesome baskets. Thanks for the PSA.

Slobbers,
mango

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Oh Betty I am so happy for you!!!!!
So happy you are with a loving family that takes care of you the way you as a very special dog should be cared for!!!!
Thank the lord for FBRN!!!!!
Thanks Mom for bring it to our attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Butt sniffs, Bambi and her Mom

Stubby said...

Hi Betty! What a beautiful post! Thanks to caring people, so many rescue doggies like yourself have forever homes.

I am heading over to buy some tickets but if I win, I giving my basket to you.

Stubby xoxo

Archie and Melissa said...

hi betty!
oh what a wonderful post!
you and your family are so wonderful and bring so much love and knowledge to the world about pug and frenchie rescue!


thank you also for sharing your flat puglet badge with us!

Happy Happy Spring!
xoxox
m & e